Packed with hearty oats, creamy peanut butter, bananas, and a sprinkling of chocolate, these no-bake energy bites make the perfect, on-the-go breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, chocolate chips, flax seeds, coconut flakes and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In a small, microwaveable bowl, add the peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until peanut butter melts slightly, so that it is easier to stir. Remove from microwave and add in vanilla extract and mashed banana. Stir thoroughly until mixture is smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine, ensuring all of the oats are covered. If the mixture seems too wet, add 1 tablespoon (or more) of oats, until it comes together.
- Place bowl into refrigerator and chill for 15-20 minutes, so that mixture holds together and is easier to shape into balls.
- Form mixture into small balls. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Store energy bites in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to one week.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 14iu | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg