A side dish that makes the table!
It's also paleo and gluten free... what a way to dress up those sweet potatoes a little differently this year! :)
1. 6 small sweet potatoes - peeled & diced
2. 2 apples - peeled & diced
3. 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
4. 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
5. 2 tsp cinnamon (or apple pie spice)
6. Pinch of sea salt!
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease the inside of a large baking dish with coconut oil or ghee (paleo butter)
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and apples. Chop into uniform pieces 1/2 in.
3. Place half the chopped sweet potatoes and apples into the dish, sprinkle with 1/4 cup cranberries, half the cinnamon & salt. Repeat with an additional layer so all the pieces are seasoned and mixed thoroughly.
4. Add chunks of ghee or coconut oil (for paleo or butter if you're not) to the top and bake covered for 1 hour, until the potato and apples have softened.
Enjoy with your main dish for this Holiday Season!